- My family - "I don't care how poor a man is, if he has family he is rich!" How true! Make no mistake we have our ups and downs, but I love my family and the greatest happiness I have, is seeing my family together, they're God's gift to me!
Birthday Cards - I know that they're expensive, but I love reading the words! And I like choosing birthday cards! I remember so clearly the joy at receiving a birthday card in the post when I was a little girl. Somehow we have lost that tradition and replaced it with technology - sad!
- French Champagne - it's expensive here, about 55 GBP, so I don't often get to buy it, but I have a brother who knows how much I love it and he ocassionaly spoils me with a bottle!
Prawns - especially when they come from Chiurresquera in the deep South - crispy, garlicy, scrumptious prawns - a real treat on a Sunday afternoon!
- Holidays - I love the ocean - the salty smell and taste on my lips! The crunchy sand between my toes and the warm water lapping around my ankles. I also love the mountains, that crisp, clear air that catches your lungs and the sheer beauty of the hills and dales! Holidays ... oh, anywhere! Are my favourite things!
- Lavender and a Golden Treasury of poetry - two things that remind me so much of my Grandmother, who I called GAYVA! I love paging carefully through her book which she gave her son in 1938 - I look at her handwriting and remember it so well. The soft smell of lavender reminds me of her, all cuddled up as a little girl while she read us stories - fond memories!
- My collection of musicals - I LOVE them, each and everyone, from Fiddler on the Roof to Sound of Music, from Evita to The Rocky Horror Picture show! I have those pictured below as well as MANY more, Grease, Cats - you name it, I have it! And don't we have fun singing to the old songs!
Chanel No 5 - my signature fragrance - my most favourite perfume! It's been on sale since 1921 and in my mind is a legend! I always feel extra special when I wear it - indulgent and luxurious! Ha! Pity I can't afford to wear it every day!
My, I have so many favourite things that I could on forever! Early morning sunrises in the bush, the sound of a lion roar, the call of a Fisheagle (a real sound of Africa), hedges of yellow Bankshire Roses, strawberries and cream!
What are your favourite things?