Thursday, August 13, 2009

In exactly 18 days time, we will start Spring ... September ... can you believe it?  Where has this year gone?  I have so much that I want to do before it arrives!  I am already late with planting, but I must spend some time in the garden this year.  Last season we were so busy, I left most of it to the gardener and it was probably the worst year ever.  I have been motivated, looking at some of my blogging friends gardens!  Watch this space ...

Perhaps it would be a good idea to start an indigenous garden - I would have to do some reading first and I am not sure how much of it is colourful.  I like lots of pretty colours!  We have had a fungus attack our Impatiens plants and when you DO get to buy them, they just don't grow.  Apparently this is because we had a wet winter the year before.  They always did so well in our garden, but last year they were awful!  The lady at the nursery told me that they will never be the same again. Some disease that started in Australia and has slowly spread.  :(

So, I think that is what I might be doing this week-end.  Visiting our loca nursery - all depends of course whether we have Cookout or not - heard the couple hosting it on Saturday might cancel.  Theme was German!  We'll just have to wait and see!

5 comments:

Marcelle said...

Last year I was in CT for September it was the worst month every, cold, rained everyday and the wind blew that so many roads and houses were destroyed. I pray this Sept will be better as its the only month I'll be in cT, returning to Germany for autumn on the 3 October, its such a beautiful time here, plenty photo moments.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing the results of your gardening!! :) mine is in a mess at the moment because we've been away - the sunflowers are ready to be harvested and cut down - probably todays task.. take care, Judith

Avril said...

I need inspiration for my garden!! Went to Garden World yesterday and was going to go back today but it's too cold!! Needed to be inspired!! The Spring show isn't that marvellous but the plantings are simple.
Have been pottering around and doing some changes but I get stuck with ideas of where to put what! I tend not to go for many seedlings - just in case we have a really hot summer. Must also go for more indigenous!

Unknown said...

ooo I love pink flowers and I don't want autumn to come over here =(

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I sure hope our winter passes as quickly as yours seems to have.

Spring for you, fall for me. I love the fall sun, and colours. It lasts such a short time here though.