Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Two more sleeps ...

... and we're off to Durban. I have so much to do. First of all I need to tie up all the loose ends at work and that is proving to be a mission. I hate going away and leaving a million queries behind. My "In Tray" was empty until this morning, and today I have received umpteen queries (and old ones at that), which makes them so much more difficult to solve. However, I have set the ball rolling and will delegate members of my team to follow up while I am gone. I need to go and do some shopping. Like Old Mother Hubbard, my cupboards are bare. I cannot leave Stacey behind with no groceries in the house. "She's a big girl" I hear you say - yes, but I must do my normal shopping and will not leave it to her as she is busy studying and has three tests next week. I have finished packing for Mauritius, but haven't looked at our clothes for Durban, so I must do that tonight. Tomorrow night I have book club and I am still hoping that my stokvel money will have come to light and that I will get that! And then Friday we're off!

I have looked forward to this for so long and now that its here, I am feeling rushed! I have made lists for the people at work and hope to God I don't forget anything. I have two meetings tomorrow and I have told my staff that I will NOT be taking my phone with me. Last time I was on leave they harrassed me all the time!

I don't want this holiday to fly by, but at the rate the week has gone, in the blink of an eye I will be back!

No comments: