Thursday, September 25, 2008

Catamaran!

You know that cruise I have always wanted to go on? I don't think so ... not any more! Not after our trip from the main island to Flat Island in the North! We were met at Club Med at 08h00 on Monday morning. The trip included the sail to the islands, lunch, all drinks and the trip home. Very bravely and happily we boarded the "cat" and were not very happy to see a whole bunch of strangers with us! However, nothing we could do about that, and they weren't all that bad anyhow! I was sitting at the front of the "cat" with Ianthe, Shirley and Tania. One of the crewmen called Ianthe and I to sit in the nets at the front of the "cat". Well, we had such a laugh! And it was SUCH fun ... for a while! One of the crew decided we needed to have a rum in order to sail the seven seas, and gave us each a glass! It was neat and had vanilla and fruit added to it. I took one sip ... not good! Two sip ... even worse! Threw the rest out into the sea and turned around to give back the glass!

W.E.L.L! That was me! Done and dusted! Oh! Did I forget to tell you that the wind was howling and the waves were 2.5 metres high? I managed, with much difficulty to get to the back of the boat in time to received a little green bucket! Sick as a dog I was! As was a Belgium guest who didn't get the bucket in time, and hurled all over ME!!! The skipper laughed, especially when he found out that one of his crew members was sea sick too!!


This is a picture of me feeling sick on the island - had a 45 minute sleep under the bushes!


I was not a well bunny for the rest of day. I must say the the flat island was beautiful! The water was clear and I managed to pick up some tiny pieces of coral which were lying at the waters edge. It was very hot and I was not looking forward to the trip back. Fortunately the wind was behind us, so it went much more quickly. I had to retire EARLY that night, no dinner and only a half a glass of coke. The whole hotel seemed to be floating and it wasn't until Tuesday that I felt better!!

EEEEUW!!

No comments: