Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday dear Philip, Happy Birthday to you! Philip celebrates his 48th birthday today and we surprised him bright and early this morning with a steaming cup of coffee and lots of presents. He was so funny when we woke him up - Stacey got the giggles - it was a good way to start this Friday, with loads of laughs. He got a lovely watch from Moi, (which he did choose himself!) a bottle of aftershave from Stacey and Shane, a new mouse for his laptop with his beloved Sharks logo on it from Alex and a lovely pair of winter PJ's from his folks and Nicky! Tonight we are having friends over for a dinner party. I am making Ciabiatta with pesto, brie and pickled peppers to start, then we're having kudu fillets wrapped in bacon served with poached pears and redcurrants, chicken casserole, creamy mashed potatoes, green beans and a peach and goats cheese salad. Stacey is baking a Chocolate Chip and Cream cake which we will serve as dessert.

The table is set, and Bjark will be pleased to know that I am using Burberry serviettes and the colour scheme to go with them! Table looks very nice indeed! I do wish I could have been at home today to get things ready, but I am pretty organised and the cooking won't take me too long when I get home.

I hope it is going to be a happy and successful year Mr B - I love you!

No comments: