Thursday, June 19, 2008

Frustration!

What a nightmare. I just could not get onto my BLOG yesterday! Not that I had a whole lot of news to tell, but its part of my morning routine now - and being a person of habit, it annoyed me that I could not get onto the site!

We had a good evening last night. We were invited to attend a Quiz Evening organised by the Florida Ladies Circle (Female Round Table). All proceeds went towards chemo for one of the Florida Round Table guys. He is 27. Had colon cancer about two years ago and was completely cured. The cancer has come back, and now his medical aid (Discovery - same as ours!) are refusing to pay for treatment as they say it is secondary and he has to pay privately!! Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous?? There is a battle going on between him, his lawyers and the medical aid, but it should not be necessary. He has contributed and should be treated! It doesn't matter where you go or what you do, the man in street gets nailed! All that aside, we had great fun and hope we made a difference in some small way.

No comments: