Friday, October 26, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge


I was going through my Blog archives the other night and found this 30 Day Challenge, which I started, and managed only 1 post – Challenge 1 – 24 hours later my sweet Mom passed away and I never completed it. Looking through the list I thought there were some pretty fun things to write about, so I am going to try again! This is the list:

30 Day Blog Challenge
  
 
  • Your favourite song
  • The Meaning behind your blog name
  • Your favourite television programme
  • Favourite book
  • Favourite Quote and why
  • List 20 of you favourite things
  • Favourite films
  • Talk about a great place you have travelled to
  • Share a photo of  your friends
  • Share something you're afraid of
  • A recent photo you took
  • What do you believe?
  • Your life goals
  • A picture  you love
  • Your dream house
  • Share something you're OCD about
  • What are you really looking forward to
  • Your wedding / future wedding / wedding you have attended
  • What do you miss
  • Nicknames you have
  • Favourite food
  • A website  you enjoy or care deeply about
  • A video you have made or enjoy watching
  • The town you live in
  • Put you i-pod on shuffle - what are the first 10 songs
  • Plans for the week-end ahead
  • Your  pets
  • What's in your handbag
  • Favourite show / concert  you have been to
  • What do you love about you life right now
Instead of doing 1 a day, I am going to make Mondays and Fridays my Challenge days, so will slowly work through the list. Let's start with the first one (and I am just going to copy my original post, as nothing has changed J )

Day 1 - Your favourite Song
 
"Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with string,
These are a few of my favourite things!"
 
My favourite song and it comes from "The Sound of Music".  Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved this song and I used to sing it to Stacey when she was little.  As soon as I am feeling unhappy or frightened, or even when I hear the rumbling thunder during our famous summer storms, I hum this song to myself and it makes me feel so much better!
 
When things are glum and I'm feeling sad, I "simply remember my favourite things and then I don't feel, so bad!"

 

3 comments:

cat said...

The Princesses is totally in love wit Sound of music and I love this song

Firefly said...

The 30 day challenge is a good idea and I like the fact that you are turning yours in a 30 post challenge as to not stretch yourself. Good idea. I'm looking forward to follow it.

PS, the font size appears to be veeeeerrrryyy small.

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short links with Shortest and earn money for every visit to your short links.