Thursday, June 11, 2009

What's happening ...

… to our weather? P and I have always believed that Gauteng has one of the best climates. During summer the days are wonderfully warm with no wind and the nights are crisp and clear! It’s not too humid and gets quite hot. Our winters are mild with temperatures varying between 3 and 19 degrees on cold days. Sometimes we go down to about 0 degrees celsius The nights and early mornings are cold, but the days are clear and warm with no rain. We have our rainy season in the summer – usually! Until now that is … it’s freezing cold AND RAINING! We have dry winters, no rain, no snow! Until now … it has been raining for 3 days now. It’s so cold and misty outside that we cannot see two feet in front of us!

It’s so unusual! And remember, our houses are not equipped for this type of weather. We have no central heating, no double glazing! Brrrrrr! We had our gas heater on last night, hot water bottles and BED! The best place to be on a cold night!

Looking down our street yesterday afternoon - so dull and muggy and cold!

Photographs through my windscreen - see the raindrops?

6 comments:

Avril said...

It's enough now!! The littlies are driving me nuts - indoors the whole time!!

Riley Kai said...

Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.Acts 14:17

Hopefully you we be seeing rainbows and sunshine soon:-)

Love Bears All Things said...

Whenever I get tired of rain, I try to remember that God is in charge and has sent it for a reason.
I can imagine how you must be feeling. It sounds like our winters. Sometimes, the gloomy, rainy, cold can bring ones spirits down. I pray you will have sunshine soon.
Mama Bear

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

You know, the weather here is not normal either. Temps are below seasonal, and the rain! It won't end.

My cousins are adopting a baby girl from Ethiopia. She is one year old and weighs only 12 lbs! They are traveling to get her at the end of June. We are so excited to welcome her!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I hope it gets better before I get there tomorrow morning. But I did pack for all possible weather conditions.

Marcelle said...

What's happening, I ask the same thing?? Everyone all around the world is complaining.

Here in Germany its meant to be summer...and it feels like winter in CT...very frustrating.
Have only been outdoors to tan once since my return from holiday..thank goodness Ihad summer there.