Monday, June 29, 2009

Weltevrede!

"Well satisfied" - that was the name of the Game Farm we went to for the National Exec council meeting this week-end.  I have to be honest and tell you that I was NOT impressed when we arrived!  I was not happy with the sleeping arrangements and told P that I am too old for bush camp! Anyhow, after airing my views (quite openly, I might add!) we went down to the main lodge for dinner.  It was bitterley cold, but with a nice warm fire ....
... a couple of glasses of wine and good company ... things could only get better!  What friendly people the owners were and they went out of their way to make us feel at home!  It was getting quite late, and I was quite ready to climb into my warm bed.  Our friends had already left the lodge, there were only two couples in our group left.  P and I decided to take a rather chilly walk up to our cottage.  We had to walk between two fenced off areas that were the home to lion cubs (quite big ones) on the one side and I leopard on the other.  At the top of the pathway was a large gate.  P walked up to it, and as he was about to open it, I turned tail and ran like hell - standing on the other side of the gate, was the biggest cheetah I have ever seen!  I thought P had opened the wrong gate!  He called me back - "it's tame" he said!  Tame!?  You have NO idea.  What happened after that was quite something ...
Ok, ok - so why should you be the only one with a nice warm dressing gown?
Oh my - this is one smells good - prrrrrrrrrr! prrrrrrrrrrr! (He sounded like a machine running)
Let's just gently love, hug and slobber all over her gown - I'm sure she won't mind sharing it with someone as handsome as I am!
Hmmmm! P's slippers aren't half bad either I must tell you!
OK - so now I'm feeling VERY sleepy!
I'll just make myself right and home, and stretch out on this warm bed - much more comfortable than that icy cold grass outside!
OK!  So it was a novelty the first night!  We managed to coax him outside and lock the door.  He was quite happy to move in lock, stock and barrel.  Me?  I sneezed and coughed all night, so our dear friend was not allowed back inside the next day.  All the hugging and talking was done outside - where it should be! Right, so now the week-end was turning into a fun one!  Tomorrow I will introduce you to the rest of the clan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an experience? It could only happen to you. Looking forward to the rest. Love Shelly

Jeanette said...

OMW that's quite incredible! What an amazing experience :)

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my word....tame or not...I'd have been nervous. eeekkkk....

loved the pics though. :)