Thursday, November 13, 2008

Excitement!

The festivities have begun!  It's our year-end function tonight at Cabanga!  The theme is "Rock 'n Roll" and you won't believe the excitement!  The whole team are discussing costumes and what they've planned to wear!  I have to be honest, I haven't killed myself!  I haven't had the time to rush off to a costume hire place - they're closed by the time I get home!  Anyhow, Stacey to the rescue!  She went digging last night and found me "bits" to put together!  We watched "Grease" on Sunday afternoon, so the ideas are pretty fresh in my mind!  One of my colleagues found an OLD pattern that belonged to her mother - she has made an outfit - the real deal!  I hope she wins the prize for the best dressed!

That reminds me!  Two years ago, I went off and bought myself a sewing machine.  I am ashamed to say that I have NEVER used it!  Alex did once - she made lovely little red, fluffy Christmas stockings, so it has been broken in.  I really should make an effort!  Promised Niunia a table cloth (because I'm pretty good at straight lines!) and haven't delivered.  Made Stacey some Christmas PJ's once when she was little so I can do it!  Maybe next year I'll MAKE an outfit to wear! Hehehehe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the evening :)
Glad you found an outfit.

Avril said...

Go for it - sewing is rewarding! I've sewn 'forever' and now my little machine sits motionless! Just don't have the enthusiasm anymore. Thanks for your comments .. I enjoy reading yours too (such a whole new world, this blogging !) - and congrats to Stacey for her 'big' step. Enjoy your evening!