Friday, October 24, 2008

Nasiphi ...

… which means “Any gift u give to me, I take it!”

We were sitting under the trees in the fairy garden last night chatting and I was wondering what I was going to write about today, when suddenly I heard faint giggles coming from our domestic workers room. I went to investigate, and there was little Nasiphi – the niece of my employee. She is visiting the big city of Gold – all of 3 years old! Her mummy is my domestic’s sister and she lives on a farm in KwaZulu Natal – a little place called Osizweni, near Newcastle. She came to Johannesburg to visit her father who works here and she has not seen him since she was born. I had heard that she was coming, and also that she was going to spend the week with her father – something that did not make me feel comfortable for some reason. Anyhow, Busi took her to meet him and this little thing performed so much, that she brought her back to our house! She will go home to her mother over the week-end. A precious little thing! A happy little girl and as bright as a button. When she saw me coming, she wanted to “jive” for me – which she did – reminded me of something I read some time ago, by an unknown author: “Childhood is the most beautiful of all life’s seasons!”

No comments: