Monday, November 1, 2010

Blog Challenge!

I see that a couple of my "blogging buddies" are doing blog challenges!  I have been so bad at blogging lately - I just don't seem to have the time between work, nursing, running up and down to the Morningside Clinic, but this one, on Rebecca's blog seems fun enough, so I have decided to take up the challenge and give it a go! 

30 Day Blog Challenge

  • Your favourite song
  • The Meaning behind your blog name
  • Your favourite television programme
  • Favourite book
  • Favourite Quote and why
  • List 20 of you favourite things
  • Favourite films
  • Talk about a great place you have travelled to
  • Share a photo of  your friends
  • Share something you're afraid of
  • A recent photo you took
  • What do you believe?
  • Your life goals
  • A picture  you love
  • Your dream house
  • Share something you're OCD about
  • What are you really looking forward to
  • Your wedding / future wedding / wedding you have attended
  • What do you miss
  • Nicknames you have
  • Favourite food
  • A website  you enjoy or care deeply about
  • A video you have made or enjoy watching
  • The town you live in
  • Put you i-pod on shuffle - what are the first 10 songs
  • Plans for the week-end ahead
  • Your  pets
  • What's in your handbag
  • Favourite show / concert  you have been to
  • What do you love about you life right now
Right, there we go, 30 days - let's see if I can do this!  After many a few weeks of writer's block, I'm going to try ;)

Day 1 - Your favourite Song

"Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with string,
These are a few of my favourite things!"

My favourite song and it comes from "The Sound of Music".  Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved this song and I used to sing it to Stacey when she was little.  As soon as I am feeling unhappy or frightened, or even when I hear the rumbling thunder during our famous summer storms, I hum this song to myself and it makes me feel so much better!

When things are glum and I'm feeling sad, I "simply remember my favourite things and then I don't feel, so bad!"

4 comments:

Hayley said...

I've seen these too...looks like so much fun...think i might join in!

Love Bears All Things said...

Pretty hard for me to think of one song as a favorite...I sang along with you on this one.
Mama Bear

Unknown said...

I love the movie so much and this song always brings a smile to my face. Enjoy the challenge!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I think you made a spelling mistake. Its writer's blog. Hahahaha...

I think we will all enjoy walking this meme road with you.