Monday, February 15, 2010

Sun gone, lights ... ... OFF!

5.30 yesterday afternoon!  I had made some of Jamie's "smash potatoes" and a nice Greek salad.  P had lit the fire to do some ribs on the braai, and Stacey and I were enjoying a cool glass of lemon water, when ... "poof"... the lights went out!  Luckily the potatoes were cooked, the salad made and so dinner was organised.  We didn't expect the power to be off for long!  Maybe an hour or so!  Wishful thinking! 

5 hours later and a good few hands of cards played, we went to bed in the dark! And woke up in the dark!  The power eventually came on this morning, but I was no sooner at work, when I received a call to say it had gone off again!  I called City Power, and besides hanging on the phone for a good 15 minutes, all I got was a voice message to say that the whole of our area is without power, and the technicians are working on  it! 

I find it so damn annoying!  We pay a FORTUNE for our power and the service is crap really bad! GRRRR!  I hope it's on by the time I get home tonight.  P says there was water all around the fridge this morning!  I need the food in the fridge to go off like a hole in the head!

We can't complain about service delivery - there is none!

9 comments:

Avril said...

Oh no!! That is so very annoying!! No hot water now either probably - not too bad in summer - liveable - but when the fridge starts dripping .. not good :( Hope 'they' fix it soon!!

Been catching up .. aaw .. such a cute little cub!!!

Avril said...

Sorry - sounds like 'they' need to fix the fridge :) ... 'they' need to fix the power problem and switch you all back on .. but you got that, didn't you? !!

Tired today - it's been a busy past week and non-stop weekend !! :)

Marcelle said...

Heinz and I were watching the rugby on Saturday and the power went off there...Heinz said..*How embarrassing is that *
Thankfully we have never in 6 years had that here in Germany.

Love Bears All Things said...

Sorry about the power outage. But, that must have been a nice candlelight dinner on Valentine's Day. My own sort of got canceled. Honey Bear decided to drive back to Memphis last night because of the snow prediction. So, I cooked the dinner early and packed his up to take with him. I ate mine alone.
Hope you have power when you get home.
Mama Bear

Riley Kai said...

So sorry! Electric companies are very difficult to deal with in the U.S. too! It's universal! Hope they get your power on soon and praying you can salvage some food from your fridge!

Anonymous said...

oh Janet how annoying for you - hope everything is sorted out now?

Janet said...

HM! Got home and as I walked in the door the power came on - for 30 seconds and went off again. We went out for dinner and by the time we got home, all was back to normal and so far so good! So, today I'm smiling - yesterday I was really mad!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

It drives me crazy when our power goes out. You don't realize how much you depend on it ... until it is gone!

Corey~living and loving said...

oooo I just hate that. argh.....

we lose power here sometimes for days and days....it really stinks.

I hope yours is back soon.

oh and word verification thinks is sucks too, because the word I have to type is "shesh!" :)