Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bad, bad blogger!

I am back now!  Back from branch visits and back to reality!  No more high  flights every day, and no more hotels!  I was beginning to feel like a seasoned traveller, flitting from one side of the coast to the other!  My trip was successful though and I enjoyed meeting colleagues who I have known for 10 years and never met.

Getting back to the office was an eye opener!  Made me realise how much I want my B & B - how much I want to sit quietly in the evenings and listen to that ultimate call of Africa - the voice of the Fish Eagle.


Taken by P on our trip to the Kruger National Park

Our holiday is a faint memory now, but I will be sharing some of our sights over the next few days.  I wish I could share the sound of this magnificent bird.  There is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING nicer than sitting on the banks of a quiet river at sunset, watching a small group of waterbuck grazing on the sweet grass, when out of the blue, the sound echo's. It's synonymous with the sound of Africa - it sounds something like the American Bald Eagle and I love it!  For me it symbolises the peace of the African Bush, the tranquility and pure nature! 

What I would give to hear that sound ... right now!

5 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I am trying to imagine...

You have actually sat at the banks of a river like that? AMAZING!!

So glad you are back and well.

Marcelle said...

Welcome back...

Avril said...

It's special, isnt' it?! But I have to admit I have never been to Kruger Park .. we've been to other game parks instead .. there's nothing better than the African bushveld!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I had the call of the Fish Eagle as the ring tone on my photo for a while. It truely is an awesome sound.

Unknown said...

This post makes me want my summer back! :)