Monday, December 1, 2008

Not me Monday!

Special few days spent up in the Valley of 1000 Hills areas with my sweet parents!  We had a wonderful time, but there were a number of things I never DREAMT of doing!
  • I did not suffer terribly from the heat and humidity and rush into a Hairdressing Salon and demand that they chop off my hair so that I looked as though I had fought with a lawnmower- definitely not me!
  • I did not take a walk in the rain and enjoy every minute of the soft mist as it fell on my cheeks taking in all the fresh, clean smells of the country!
  • I did not wake up to the sounds of the ducks and geese at the crack of dawn as they called the world to wake up bright and early with so much to do!
  • I did not enjoy spending precious time with my Mum as we chatted and caught up all kinds of issues and thoughts - I ABSOLUTELY LOVED every second!
  • What I really did not like was saying good bye when we left for Jozi yesterday and I did not cry when we left, I wept long and hard for the wonderful time we had, and for the time with my family that I am missing out on.

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I am way to jealous that you had high heat and humidity- even if it did lead to a *ahem* haircut malfunction! Thanks for sharing!

Takin' time to smell the flowers! said...

I don't cry like that every time my mom and I have to part. I don't cry at the mere thought of it either...Great post it makes me want to take a walk in the country in the misty rain:) God Bless, April