Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Checking my list twice!

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way ..." Stacey flew back to Bloemfontein last night and we had a drink at the Ocean Basket waiting while waiting for her to board. They played the most awsome Christmassy CD, and with all the pretty lights and trees around ... I cannot believe we are in the swing of Christmas again ... what happened to this year? So, with only 3 and a bit weeks to go, I decided to do this meme which I found on Jeanette's blog! I did enjoy doing it!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely paper, with shiny silver ribbons and dangly ornaments – all in the same colour scheme!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I had a real tree once. It didn’t stand up nice and tall and seemed to be falling over all the time. It also made a huge mess and dropped needles all over! Too much trouble!

3. When do you put up the tree? Normally around the 16th December. That’s the time the girls are both home and we do it together! Same day I bake my Christmas mince pies and play my favourite Christmas carols. I am a Christmas Nut!

4. When do you take the tree down? 6 January being the 12th day of Christmas – very traditional!

5. Do you like eggnog? It’s ok! Reminds me of the egg and vanilla “milkshake” my mum used to make us when we were little – I loved it, but both my brothers HATED it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Has to be my tiny, little transistor radio!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My best friend Niunia.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Stacey

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! My mum bought us a little one for Stacey’s first Christmas. We always had one growing up and I have carried on that tradition. It just wouldn’t be the same without one!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Oh yes - mail! I love to mail Christmas cards and love receiving them too! I have already received two from the UK and one from Australia!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly cannot think of a Christmas gift that I have not been happy with! I love everything, especially if I some thought has gone into it! It doesn’t have to cost a fortune!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? “Sants Claus – The Movie” – I loved it!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I haven’t thought about it yet!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No ... once, long ago. When I was teaching, one of the children gave me a fluffy Father Christmas and I gave it to Stacey - it still sits on our rocking chair at Christmas time!

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mmm! So many good things! Turkey with cranberry jelly (by far my favourite!) and Liebkirchen (German Gingerbread) – YUMMY!

16. Lights on the tree? Absolutely!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night!

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends. This year we might go to Bloemfontein!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Donder, Blitzen, Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid ?! Can’t remember now how many there were!!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel of course. A little straw one that I bought in Poland when we went there for Christmas a few years ago. She is precious!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Queues and queues of people and Boney M!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Ornament - a fragile, sheer glass ball, with a Pointsettia hand painted on the front and a delicate blue ribbon – I bought it in Austria and its one my most special!

I enjoyed doing that. Now, if you feel like having some fun, why don't you tag yourself and leave me a comment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL how did I guess that you would colour code your wrapping paper :)
Love your answers.