Monday, October 6, 2008

Mission!

I am on a mission!

Philip bought me a book last week called "The Hidden Epidemic - my journey to thyroid health". I have been reading this book and my eyes have been opened! So much so that I am making an appointment with an endocrinologist for both Stacey and I. I am amazed at how common an underactive Thyroid is and how often it is misdiagnosed or treated. Despite having been on Eltroxin for YEARS now, I still have a lot of the symptoms which tells me that I am not being treated properly and probably need Tertroxin (T3). I have to go and see my GP this week, as my prescription needs renewing so I will need another blood test and I am going to talk to him about it.

The really frightening thing is, how many children are BORN with an under-active thyroid. Having read this book I am convinced that Stacey has the same problem as I do, and no matter how strict an eating regime we follow, until one's thyroid is in balance one will not lose any weight.

Philip and I had a discussion too and as a family we are going to try and refocus - on our health, on our family and on our home. We have had too many distractions over the past year and its time to pull together and get back on track.

"The only thing that stands between a man what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible."
Richard M DeVos

No comments: