Monday, August 4, 2008

Fabulous Week-end!

We had a fabulous week-end in Bloem! We arrived quite late on Friday night which I don't think we will do again as the roads are so dark. I was quite nervous. There were a lot of trucks on the road heading for Eastern Cape which makes overtaking very difficult and dangerous. However, we arrived safely, although late and had a lovely dinner with Dave, Niunia and Jarred. Saturday was another day of shopping and met the guys for drinks at Avanti Cafe! Very nice. Re-connected with the cousin of an old school friend and I have her email address now so that I can make contact. Saturday night was Michael's 40th birthday party. How nice to him and Nikola again, and also Monique and Kalle and their boys who were out from Germany. We had a great evening - excellent food, too much wine and lots of dancing!! Only got to bed after 3!

Up on Sunday, breakast so delicioulsy made by Nunes and then we hit the road. Lucky for me Philip drove, so I got to sleep part of the way. Home safely by 15h30 and then I had to start the washing. Stacey made us a lovely spaghetti bolognaise for dinner and I was in bed by 8! Up with the birds and its back to work for a full week - at least I have a full compliment of staff today!

No comments: